Sunday, January 24, 2010

seeing that light...

"Here's to hearing that pop and seeing the light when I finally pull my head outta my ass."

This phrase makes so much more sense to me now that I could have ever thought it would.
I have not been fair to myself.
I have not treated myself well at all.
I have done things and said things to myself that were wrong and hurtful.

I deserve more respect for myself.
I deserve more faith in myself.
I deserve more time spent making myself happy.
I deserve to know that I am a strong, capable, lovable person.
I deserve to put all that I can into my school and be rewarded for it.
I deserve to put all that I can into my sorority and sisterhood and reap the benefits of it.
I deserve so much better than I give myself credit for.

I can't even explain how depressed I have been over the last few weeks. I didn't want to come back to Merced, I felt as if I didn't belong. As if I was doing nothing with my time.
I am starting to realize that this is exactly where I need to be. I am here, and though I have messed up a fair bit in the last year and a half, its not too late for me to succeed and make something of myself.

I want to thank my sisters, without them I would have never had the courage to take a look at myself and realize that I am worth something.

1 comment:

  1. Well I may not be your "sister" But I love you like one and I really want you to be happy, but it's a struggle that everyone has to go through their whole life. (Even when you're happy you have to work at it lol) You ARE. THE. MOST. BEAUTIFUL AND AMAZING person, and I love you a lot (if that counts for anything). If there is anything I can do baby to help you treat yourself bettah you will let me know of course!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete