Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Orionid

I was doing homework late last night when my roomie came in and told me there was a meteor shower going on. So, I finished my work, and went outside. I called a few people to see if they were busy, and they were either asleep or not able to come. So I walked out towards Lake Yosemite by myself. I laid down on the path, and just stared up at the sky.

I felt so tiny and alone. It wasn't a bad kind of alone- I just felt completely disconnected from the world. It sounds super cheesy but it was just me at that one point in time, like I was the only person on the planet. That quiet was actually really nice. Well, until people drove by or walked down the path.

It was a nice break, and I slept soundly, but this morning was a snap back to reality. A class I'm barely understanding, the same people, work...the monotony bothers me until I realize how much better it is than everything falling down around me.

I'm starting to get a little homesick again. I haven't been back to my house in over a month. My kitten is growing up and I'm missing it, I haven't been able to play with or walk my dog, and I miss my family more than I can explain right now. At least I know I'm a homebody and I'm not figuring this out while studying abroad or something.

Megan is coming into town tomorrow. I miss her so much...I can't wait to see her. She always makes me feel better.

I usually don't mind working the helpdesk- I get to play online and people watch in the lantern. It's a pretty good deal actually. But today I actually have some homework to be doing, and I just don't want to do it. If I were at the desk I would have an excuse...I should probably get on it and do it so I can watch Glee uninterrupted later.

I think that's what I'll do.

No comments:

Post a Comment