Sunday, June 26, 2011

this week in review:

and here are the results.

Taj's phone broke, and he couldn't access the numbers. He got a new one some time between Wednesday and Friday (I think it was closer to Friday). He messaged me his number on Saturday morning, about the same time I left for Santa Cruz.

I knew nothing of this phone business the entire time, and was very upset (through Tuesday).
General thoughts: I can't believe he missed my birthday. I'm angry/sad/hurt (depending on the time of day)

And moved from very upset to just confused (Wednesday).
General thoughts: Who does that? Just disappears for a week? Is he insane?

And moved from confused to "What did I do wrong?" (Friday night)
General thoughts: What about me made him just leave without even saying goodbye? (to be fair, this was wine and Dido-fueled thought)

To IDGAF (Saturday)
General thoughts: I'm having a fan-fucking-tastic day in Santa Cruz with my friends. Screw him. I don't need him in my life.

Then came home, found the fb message, and almost cried I was so relieved.

But, I told him once I called him (after the shower to wash the rest of the beach off of me) that I understood, and even accepted that the entire week's absence wasn't entirely his fault. But that it really sucked, made me really upset for a while, and I didn't want to be in that situation again. In other words, GET ON FACEBOOK AS SOON AS YOUR PHONE BREAKS NEXT TIME, DAMNIT! That would have saved me an entire week of useless emotion.







By the way: good company, long car rides, good food, sun, sand, salt water, small sea creatures, lavender flavored ice cream, and unexpected cellos are some of the best things on the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment